Monday, August 30, 2010

Lemon Chicken a la Primavera®


At first glance this dish appears to be very simple. Spaghettis with tomato sauce and grilled chicken. But looks can be deceiving. The way I prepared this fine meal was by sauteeing onions in extra virgin olive oil long enough for the taste of Summer to inspire the pan. After a few minutes I added freshly sliced red peppers and pan seared them until they were caramelized. Once the juices of the onions and red peppers have seemingly joined together, I added Spanish chorizo for a sweet but tangy taste. Then goes the fried tomato sauce with a bit a water. Stir all together with care to bring this sauce into another realm of creation. At last, I join them with fresh ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon of rock salt, parsley and oregano. I let it simmer under a medium heat for 10 minutes until the smell devours me. Marrying the sauce to the pasta is the last great delight of my creation, until the lemon chicken of course. Once the pasta has joined it´s long lost love; sauce, I continue to pan sear chicken breast marinated in lemon, garlic, and olive oil. I let it blacken a bit and once the beautiful smell of free range chicken engulfs my kitchen, I combine both to make the famously delicious Lemon Chicken a la Primavera®.

Enjoy!

1 comment: