Monday, September 27, 2010

Fusilli with Turkey & Fresh Tomatoes®

Pasta with protein and fresh veggies is a great meal to give you TONS of energy for a busy day.

Today, I prepared Fusilli pasta, al dente with turkey meat, fresh boiled tomatoes, garlic, and spices.

The flavors are complex within it's simplicity. I began by boiling 3 tomatoes so it would be easier to remove the skin and place them into the Sautee pan.
________________

Ingredients:

3-4 cloves of freshly chopped garlic
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of parsley
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
1 teaspoon of onion powder
100 mg of deli turkey meat
3 fresh tomatoes (boiled and de-stemmed)
1 can of tomato sauce

Instructions:
After I boiled the tomatoes, I used the same water to make the pasta. In the Sautee pan I began with 4 cloves of garlic and olive oil. I let that heat up, stirring it a few times until the wonderful smell of garlic took over the ktichen. I then added the spices (oregano, parsley, black pepper, a bit of sea salt, and onion powder.) I stirred the spices and garlic a bit and let it cook at medium high heat for about 3 minutes. After that, I added the fresh tomatoes and chopped up turkey deli meat (about 100mg.) Just the crisp noise the pan makes when you drop in the tomatoes, is exciting enough to make you jump with joy.

After sauteeing the tomatoes, garlic, and spices for about 7 to 10 minutes, I added a full can of tomato sauce with 1/2 cup of water. I stirred everything together and let it cook for another 8 minutes until the fresh tomatoes melted into the sauce.

Combine the sauce with the drained pasta and add any type of garnish for appearance and there ya go! Fusilli pasta with Turkey meat and Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment